Using and making sketchbooks to support social, emotional and mental health and well being, as well as help to raise self esteem.
Jeni, a Specialist Art Teacher herself, has taught Art at all Primary levels since 1993. She has seen first hand the positive impacts that Art Classes can have on children and is passionate about sharing these benefits with others.
This course will cover the following:-
- The importance of sensory art experiences as a foundation for future art skills
- That there is not a right or wrong way in art
- The rationale and development of sketchbooks across the key stages
- How sketchbooks can be us to encourage independence and explore ideas
- How the use of sketchbooks / art provide mindfulness opportunities and support well being
- Art subject leaders
- Class teachers from all key stages
- Nurture Group staff
All course materials
Tea & Coffee
Previous ‘Nurturing Art – Sketchbooks’ Feedback
Really valued our sketch books. Moments of calm, enjoyment, self satisfaction, skills, improvement and above all pleasure. Every child deserves that